Sunday, September 11, 2005

National Summit To Save Our Elections | A Call to Rescue Our Democracy

I've been invited to present a poster on Oregon's vote by mail system at the "National Summit to Save Our Elections" in Portland, OR.

The group seems partially affilated with Verified Voting (www.verifiedvoting.org), a group that has been arguing (I think most ly unsuccessfully) that there was widespread fraud in 2004 (particularly in Ohio).

I have detailed political science's objections to this research in the newsletter of the Elections, Voting, and Political Behavior section of APSA (http://www.apsanet.org/~elections).

I'll present the poster, however. There are some interesting speakers. And even if I disagree with some folks about Ohio in 2004, there is no reason not to give close scrutiny to our elections system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home